You can rely on Salem Health for:
Care for children of all ages: infants, toddlers, school age, and young adults.
Inpatient care: intermediate care not requiring pediatric sub-specialties, such as pediatric neurology or pediatric intensive care.
Observation care: outpatient services (intravenous hydration, lab draws, intramuscular medication administration, short stay procedures).
Diagnosis we treat:
- Acute bronchiolitis
- Asthma with (acute) exacerbation
- Neonatal jaundice
- Neonatal Opiate Withdrawal Syndrome
- Unspecified abdominal pain
The Pediatric Unit offers:
- Constant nurse supervision supported by the latest medical technology.
- Coordinated care between nurses, physicians and specialists.
- Experienced nurses who will answer your questions and give specific details about your child’s care around the clock.
- Designated quiet time for rest and healing.
- Consultation with specialists on-site and online using specialized technology.
- Telemedicine consultation with the OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital pediatric intensive care unit, as needed.
We offer family-centered care where families are encouraged to stay with their child.
- Each room comes equipped with a daybed to accommodate one parent or guardian.
- Additional waiting areas are available for other family members.
- Nutrition Services offers three meals per day to one parent who stays with a child 5 years old or younger.
- Guests may use the phone in the patient’s room for local calls.
- Internet and educational resources are available at the Salem Health CHEC on the Salem Hospital campus.
- Shower facilities are also provided for parents.
Since most parents cannot be at the hospital 24 hours a day, you will receive a PIN code that will allow you to call for information about your child as needed.